Your Visit to Kishauwau
While we know that your visit to Kishauwau is in so many ways what you make it, we want to make sure you have what you need to have the best time you can. Our fully featured kitchens (gas stovetop/oven, refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, dishes, cookware, and silverware) offer you all the flexibility of your kitchen at home. So feel free to come prepared with whatever food and drinks you desire. Please note, due to the beauty of nature on the property (large trees), there is very little cell phone reception. A landline telephone is left in the office accessible to you at all times if you need to make a call.
We also provide all linens and soaps, as well as foam bath (for whirlpool cabins). Coffee, coffee filters, and sugar packets are provided in each cabin, too.
What We Provide
A basic list of what you will find in your cabin is:
- stovetop/oven, microwave, coffeemaker, toaster, refrigerator
- cooking utensils, dishes, pots, and pans
- coffee, coffee filters, and sugar packets; must bring your own coffee creamer. Salt & pepper packets are provided
- all linen, including dish towels & washrags, scotch brite scrubbers and dish soap (sponges are not provided)
- small liquid body gel/shampoo packets provided (nothing fancy) and liquid hand soap
- DVDs for viewing in your cabin. There is no broadcast or cable reception in any cabin except Grandma’s Cabin
- games and jigsaw puzzles
- toilet paper, paper towels & napkins
- wifi usage only available in the main cabin and is not open for children and social networking. We will give the passcode if you need to check your e-mail, need it for work or school or want to look up things in the area. We do not want people sitting in the office all day on the internet though
What You Should Bring
- groceries for cooking
- coffee cream or creamer
- shampoo, conditioner, blow dryer, curling iron, clothes iron if needed. Also no blenders in the cabins
- bottled drinking water – our water is safe but most people do not like the flavor, we are on well water
- food storage containers, baggies, aluminum foil, or cling wrap (if planning on cooking)
What to Expect
Expect serenity, clean air, soft natural sounds, pleasant neighbors, wonderful sleep, fresh air, and fantastic memories.