If you are just one couple looking to rent with us we require you both to be 21 years of age and looking for the type of getaway we are offering our guests. If you are a group of friends or couples looking for a getaway the minimum age requirement is 28 yrs. old for every person in the group. We would not allow any couple under that age to have daytime guests to our property.
Children are welcome but must be closely supervised by an adult. Also, keep in mind that you are coming to the woods where there are things like Poison Ivy & itchweed present. If there are concerns please ask us.
Kishauwau’s Starved Rock Area Cabins will not be held responsible for your left behind, lost, stolen, or damaged personal property. Kishauwau will only mail items back to you if you mail us a pre-paid or flat rate box. Please double check the cabin to make sure you are not leaving items behind.
You are responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property belonging to Kishauwau’s Starved Rock Area Cabins.
Please take care of your cabin and treat it as you would your own home.
Smoking is not allowed in the cabins. If we smell tobacco smoke or see signs of smoking in the cabin you will be charged a $200.00 de-fuming fee.
If we have to shampoo the carpet for any reason there will be a charge of $100.00.
Only the maximum number of people specified per cabin are allowed. You are not to go over the maximum occupancy of the cabin you have rented. If we find you have done this there will be a $15 plus tax per person, per night extra charged to the card you put on file. We reserve the right to turn away any rental if you have violated our policies, no refund will be given. Any daytime visitors must be pre-approved by management and must be off the property by dark. These rules are in place to control the amount of people we want on our property at any given time and to not take away from the experience we are offering our guests.
Check in and check out times must be conformed to. We only have a short time to get the cabins ready for the next guests. No early check-ins or late check-outs are guaranteed! You are welcome to call us the day of your check in around 11:30 to see if we can give you an idea if early check-in will be available for your cabin. I am happy to see up a self-check-in for anyone that cannot make it in by my 5 pm cutoff time but that has to be done in advance so you will need to call me if that is needed.
November 8th – March 15th check-in is between 2-5pm and March 16th – November 7th check-in is between 4-5pm. Anytime there are school breaks or holidays that can cause us to be very busy we are forced to push check-in time back to 4 pm as the start time. We always work to get people in sooner but there are no guarantees until the day of your reservation. Check-out is 11:00 am year round.
You are responsible for keeping the hot tub in good condition during your stay. You are not to bathe your dog in the hot tub or bathtub. If you have misused the hot tub you will be charged a $40.00 cleaning fee.
Our cleaning policies include:
- Wash and put away all dishes that you use including coffee pot and microwave tray.
- Wipe off counters, table, stove and rinse out the sink.
- Trash must be taken to our dumpster across from the property. Please do not leave a bag of garbage sit outside of your cabin as we are in the country and animals will make a mess of it.
- Put dirty towels in the basket in the bathroom or on the floor if there happens to be no basket.
- Wipe up spills on floors and furniture.
- You do not need to make or strip the beds, we will be in to do that after you leave.
- You will be charged an additional cleaning fee if the cabin is left in disarray and dirty. The fee will be determined by the amount of extra time it takes us to clean the cabin.
- You won’t be charged if you use basic common sense and consideration.
- Vacuums have been added to the dog cabins so if you have a dog that is extra hairy it would be appreciated if you would clean up a bit after them.
Rates are subject to change without notice.
Effective January 1, 2017, a 50% deposit is required for booking all rentals with the remainder due 21 days before your arrival date. Grandma’s cabin will require a 90-day notice before being fully responsible for 100% of the stay. All other cabins with 3 nights or less rented will require a 21-day notice before being fully responsible for 100% of the stay. If you are canceling more than 1 cabin for the same time frame or your stay is for 4 nights or more a 45-day notice will be required for cancellation before being fully responsible for 100% of the stay. If we are refunding a deposit a $25.00 cancellation fee will be kept for each cabin rental that we must try to re-fill. If you are booking your stay within 21 days of your arrival date we will require full payment up front. Our online system will take 50% at the time of booking but the rest will be run on your card on file as soon as we see the reservation.
If you are booking with a gift certificate please do not book through our online booking engine as it will run a deposit on your card. Please be sure to phone in and tell us the gift certificate number so we can apply that as the deposit.
Gift certificates are available. All certificates must be paid for on the issue date. Please call us at 815-442-8453 to purchase a gift certificate or you can purchase one on our website. The gift certificate can be e-mailed or mailed to the address you specify.
- If you are bringing your dog with you to Kishauwau’s Starved Rock Area Cabins please observe the following pet policies during your stay.
- Only certain cabins allow dogs. If you are with a group that is staying in a cabin that does not allow dogs, DO NOT take your dog to or inside that cabin.
- Your dog must be on a leash at all times when outside. Even when you arrive, please take it out of your car on a leash.
- Dogs are not allowed in the office. We have a miniature golden doodle that you will find inside many times.
- Please clean up your dog’s droppings.
- You are not to bathe your dog in the hot tub, bathtub or the shower.
- Dogs are not allowed on any of our furniture or in the beds. If we see that you have allowed this there will be an additional $50.00 charge to your card for the additional clean up that is necessary.
- Your dog must be housebroken and free of ticks and fleas. If there are fleas found in the cabin after you leave with your dog there will be a $150 charge for the work we will have to do to rid the cabin of fleas.
- If your dog acts up when left alone please bring a crate with to crate your dog when you leave, or do not leave them alone in the cabin. There is a local boarding facility nearby called “ Paws Here Pet Resort.”
- You are responsible and will be charged for any damages done by your dog.
- If your dog is vicious or has behavioral problems do not bring it with to Kishauwau’s Starved Rock Area Cabins even if it is on a leash.
- We only allow two dogs per cabin and we do not allow cats, birds or other animals in any of the cabins, no exceptions.
- Dogs are allowed at Kishauwau’s Starved Rock Area Cabins on a case by case basis. If your dog barks too much while here or if we see any behavioral problems you will be asked to not return with the dog. Any dog will add an additional $15 plus tax per night to the reservation. Very firm 2 dog maximum per cabin.
- We want our guests to be able to bring their dogs to Kishauwau’s Starved Rock Area Cabins and in order to continue to allow dogs, we must ask that you follow these rules.
- We love dogs and know how important they are to their owners. Thank you in advance for being a considerate and responsible dog owner.
- Sorry, we do not allow any animals other than dogs